Wednesday 6 January 2010

Things Lois Likes

I was going to do one of those 'review of the year' type posts, but I haven't got round to it yet- and then the server crashed at work!  So in the meantime here's a light-hearted list of Things Lois Likes.

Waterproof walking boots.  Now I know I said a while back that I like snow, but it's now been on the ground for three weeks solid.  Snow, slush, frozen slush, snow that's melted and frozen again, plain and black ice.  There are many days I'd have struggled to get to work without sliding all the way and getting feet wetter than the North Sea if I didn't have my nice cosy, dry walking boots with good tread.

Laptop, wireless internet and iPlayer.  I might have gone mad over Christmas at my parents' if it wasn't for my laptop.  I downloaded stuff to take with me and watch, I could write stuff, read stuff, play games, listen to music.  And when now I'm back in York, wireless internet access means I can sit in my nice warm bed and watch videos, or on the comfy sofa downstairs and check emails without having to be tied to a wire and computer desk.  Lovely!

Hot chocolate.  Just the thing for this time of year.  Or indeed any kind of chocolate.  Oh, and I must make some soup.

YouTube.  BBC Worldwide made my New Year weekend when I discovered some classic Dr Who serials had been put online.

Our Christmas tree.  Although sadly we've just taken it down.  It's even better because it has a knitted Dalek on top.

Snowmen.  Especially the one on the fountain in York city centre that is wearing a high-vis jacket, safety helmet and black wig.  But despite all this snow I haven't made one yet, or thrown a snowball at anyone.  I want my mischievous housemate back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.