Sunday 10 January 2010

2009

2009 hasn't been a bad year.  That's not to say there haven't been times when I've felt very down, times when I've been saddened, upset, angry, frustrated.  In fact, in many ways my life doesn't seem to have changed from where I was this time last year.  Much of what I wrote then is still true.  If anything, I think perhaps I feel a little further away from God just at the moment than I did then- and I'm not happy with that.  As every month, every year passes without any of the things I want- and feel God wants me to be like or do- coming closer it seems to get harder to trust, but I know I have to keep trying.

But 2009 was also a year with many 'ups.'  Time spent with friends, my first opportunities at principal parts in G&S (although that has caused a fair bit of stress, too- sorry directors!) holidays, passing my driving test, little things that make life worthwhile.  Knowing that some people care about me- even if I often forget and feel lonely.  And not least being grateful that even if my job isn't great, at least I have one.

In some ways the above is also a fair summary of the last ten years.  There were some times, some years when I felt really dreadful, as if everything was crashing around me, and I've frequently felt a failure.  And there were times when I began to discover true friendship and joy and freedom as I'd never know them before.  Times when I was scared even of things I knew how to do, and times when I was thrilled to try new experiences.  But although I've often felt lonely I've always known I'm not alone.  And that won't change.


And to round it off, here's some of my favourite posts from last year.  I got quite excited when I realised that I'd written exactly 100 posts in 2009!

Journeys
Equality of the sexes?  Not yet.
Rental Rant
Would women have caused the credit crunch?
Bannanas, Bibleman, and banging my head on a brick wall
The Dream of the Rood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.