Wednesday 21 July 2010

7 links for bloggers

Another post!  Can you guess that I'm bored this week?  Anyway, here's an idea I've borrowed from one of my favourite blogs, but originating here (the list seems to vary between the two, I've left out 'most read' as I don't count readers- it would probably be too depressing!)  The idea is to post links to 7 blog posts in different categories.  It feels a bit like the Facebook crazes (the 'pick the last 10 people to write on your wall.  Would 3 and 7 make a good couple?' sort) but here goes!

1. Your first post.  An introduction, and not very interesting really!  It was a couple of weeks before I wrote anything worth reading on a topic that bugs me, which was what I set the blog up for.

2. The post you most enjoyed writing.  Probably the love of wisdom about natural things on the science vs religion debate. 

3. A post which had a great discussion.  People don't tend to discuss or comment much on my posts (probably because I don't think I have that many readers!)  So the honour goes to the only post to attract more than one reader (besides me) to comment on it.  Possibly my shortest ever post, and a blatent advert! 

4. A post on someone else’s blog that you wish you’d written.  So many to choose from!  Recently I've been finding that when I want to blog about something, the Church Mouse has already done so better than I could, such as discussing the mainstream C of E's inability to present itself positively.

5. Your most helpful post.  Well, there are several I wish some church leaders and/ or politicians would read. This, Welfare to work to washed up, is probably the one I'd most like to help people understand what it's like to be a young adult struggling to cope with some of the unfairness of life. This one also picks up some of the same themes.

6. A post with a title you are proud of.  I try (often without much success) to make post titles vaguely catchy, often using alliteration.  There were several last August that I rather like;  Bananas, Bibleman and banging my head against a brick wall is probably my favourite.

7. A post that you wish more people had read.  Many people seem to think that being a person of faith means you leave reason outside the door.  I've tried several times to argue that this isn't the case, including this post on why I disagreed with a friend's comment.

Hmm, that's a few more than 7 links.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.