Friday 2 July 2010

What did possibly go wrong.

I said I'd let you know.  What went wrong next was that a soloist had to drop out the day before the show due to illness.  But we coped, reallocated some solos and cut others.  The show went very well, at least from my point of view.  This Saturday we're taking it 'on tour' to Leeds with a reduced cast, so let's hope all goes well!

It still remains to be seen whether the 'Japanese Play' has escaped its' curse- although one principal did manage to hurt his knee and develop tonsillitis...let's hope that's the end of it!

Aside from that, it's not been the best week or two, with work being unpleasant and making me feel useless and no good for anything- if I can't even do a good job at my current job, what hope do I have of being any use in the sort of job I feel God might be calling me to?  But then why would he call me to something I couldn't do?  That makes no sense.

Various Bible verses tell us that we need to rely on God for our strength.  For example:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart       
and lean not on your own understanding

Proverbs 3, v5.
I guess that's something I needed to be reminded of.  And something I need to do.  God chooses to use his people to do his work, and he strengthens them as needed for his work.  So I hope he will strengthen me, and be able to use me.  Even though I don't feel that I'm worth using.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.