Monday 29 June 2009

Invitation

I'm often sad that so many of my friends seem to have only a negative- or at best uninterested- view of the church and Christianity. They've come across things that have put them off. Or they can't understand things, or feel they cannot accept things, or feel excluded. So they aren't interested in the church, and pay no attention to it- or worse, consider everything relating to it and to faith in a negative light.

But I'd like to offer all of you an invitation. From the evening of Monday 6th July there will be a FREE cafe in my church, St Michael le Belfrey, next to the Minster. It's running during the day and evening during that week.

Monday 6th July: 8pm-10.30pm
Tuesday 7th- Thursday 9th July: 11am-4pm, 8pm-10.30pm
Friday 10th July: 11am-4pm with an evening youth event
and also in the Minster on Saturday 11th July between 11am and 4pm (all being well!).

You can come in for free tea, coffee, juice and homemade cake, or just for a sit down. No one's going to try to make you do, say or sing anything, it really is free, no strings attached. We just want to serve people, to give them something for nothing, as a gift. I should know what it's going to be like, I've been helping organise things. I'm your friend, you can trust me (hopefully!)

So please come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.