Saturday 5 December 2009

Advent 09- SU

Another organisation that's had quite an impact on my life is this one: Scripture Union.  As a small child I used their group resources in Junior Church and my parents did Bible studies with me based on their notes.  As an older child I read children's books published by them and went to holiday clubs that used their materials.  As a teenager I went on holidays that were run through them, and got involved with the organisation nationally as a member of the Youth Council.  As an adult I helped lead those holidays .  Now I use their WordLive site to help me focus on God daily and I'm a member of the General Council which helps guide the movement's direction in England & Wales.

WordLive is a good example of this.  For years when I was on the Youth Council we tried to encourage the organisation to do more with the internet.  Then, a few years ago, they began to develop this idea for daily Bible reading and study on the web, through words, pictures, audio, music and video, on the web and via email.  I remember hearing about it for the first time and looking at the designs and being very excited!

It's almost two years since WordLive launched and it's even better now.  I've followed it through (I was one of the original beta-testers) and used it ever since it launched.  I think it helps move forward SU's ministry of encouraging people to get to know God through the Bible into a way they can understand.  It's definitely something I'm thankful for, something which is a Good Thing.

2 comments:

  1. This is an encouraging perspective! Thanks Lois. Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like WordLive - its great. I work at SU promoting WordLive and personally have benefited from its unique approach to getting into the Bible for the last two years as well. Lets tell the world about it..... thanks for your encouragement.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.