Tuesday 1 December 2009

Advent 09- Thank you!

friend of mine is doing a blog advent calendar.  I liked the idea, and thought I'd nick it- trying to do a post (a short one) around a single theme every day from now till Christmas.  It probably won't work out quite like that, but here goes.

I'm going to try and blog about something good every day.  Thinking about some of my previous posts I realise they come over a bit negative and depressed or frustrated (usually reflecting how I'm feeling at the time) so I think having to come up with something good every day will be good for me.  Maybe it'll be something I like about my church, or a friend, or a book or reading that's helped me.  Maybe something to give thanks for, something God has done for me or someone else (past or present), an answer to prayer, something that's encouraged me.  I don't know whether I'll manage it, but I'm going to have a go!

So, where do I start?  Well, having started by saying that my posts and my attitude can get quite negative at times, I think I should start by being thankful that both God and my friends are long-suffering and put up with me!  Really, guys, if you've ever had to listen to me moaning about something, then thank you.  It means a lot.  Thanks for your patience and for caring.

And thank you all for reading and putting up with me :)  Happy Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.